Here are 3 Common Situations in Which You Need to Consult an Orthopedist

If you have ever suffered from an injury to the foot or ankle or have arthritis, you may require an orthopedist.
An orthopedist is a doctor that specializes in bone injuries. If you have injured your foot and ankle, you may need orthopedic surgery.

Sports injuries are generally referred to a bone doctor orthopedic specialist for the best treatment. In the past, a knee injury was career-ending for an athlete. However, modern technology and the best orthopedic surgeon for foot and ankle can add years to their career. Prior bone injuries are often known to cause a painful condition known as arthritis. When this happens, you are going to need the best doctor for arthritis.

Do not suffer from arthritis, foot, ankle, or knee pain any longer. Over the years, treatment methods have greatly improved. Now is the time to find who the best foot and ankle surgeons near me are. Call a bone orthopedic doctor today and schedule an appointment to start feeling better.

Figuring out when to consult an orthopedist can be tricky, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry. As a general rule, any injury accrued while playing a sport should be taken directly to an orthopedist as they are well-educated on sprains, breaks, and anything else that can happen on the court, field, or ice.

These days, sports medicine and general orthopedics are more advanced than ever. Getting a serious knee surgery is no longer a “death sentence,” and some of the top athletes in the world are returning from torn ACLs and other injuries in less than a year. It’s important to find an orthopedist that is up-to-speed on the latest treatments and surgeries to get you back in action as quickly and safely as possible. Here are three common injuries that require consultation from an experienced orthopedic surgeon:

Orthopedic knee surgery

Hand and foot conditions

You never realize just how much you depend on your hands and feet until they begin to cause you pain. Each of your feet has 26 bones, 33 joints, and more than 100 tendons, muscles, and ligaments, so the odds of injuring something while playing sports are quite high. In fact, you don’t even have to be an athlete to experience foot pain that requires orthopedic care. Women typically have about four times as many foot problems as men, largely due to a lifetime of wearing high heels.

Hip problems

The hip is one of the focal points for pressure on your body, so it’s no surprise that about one in four people develop painful hip arthritis at some point in their life. Just like knee surgery, the treatments used for hip injuries have advanced tremendously in the past several years, and it no longer means that you’ll be rendered immobile and unable to enjoy your favorite activities. In many cases, surgery isn’t even necessary, and non-invasive treatments like physical therapy and corticosteroid injections can help you to feel better than ever in no time.

Knee injuries

While physical therapy is always the preferred treatment option, knee surgery is sometimes necessary to completely heal your injury. Thankfully, innovative orthopedic surgeons have developed ways to both decrease recovery time while improving your post-surgery functionality and performance capabilities. The best orthopedists can provide you with an arthroscopy, ligament reconstruction, knee replacements, and any other knee surgery you need to regain a sense of normalcy in your life.

Be sure to consult with a qualified orthopedist if you ever experience any of these three common injuries. Considering how much the treatments they use have advanced in recent years, there has never been a better time to find a great orthopedic surgeon and heal your nagging injuries.

Leave a Reply