You made it through graduation weekend with a trip for emergency care. And while this may not seem like a real accomplishment for many families, the fact of the matter is with three small children participating in six different recreational leagues, you often find yourself at a medical walk in clinic at some point most weekends. This weekend, however, you were uninterrupted by illnesses and injuries and instead found yourself celebrating your oldest child, the one who not only took a full load of classes throughout high school, but also helps run her younger siblings around. Some of that running around is to and from school and sporting practices, but she has also helped chauffeur several trips to emergency care providers. As soon as she turned 18, in fact, she was even able to serve as a proxy for you, as long as you were available to confirm care over the phone.
How Often Does Your Family Visit the Nearest Urgent Care Clinic?
Illnesses and injuries happen, especially when they are the least convenient. When you find yourself in need of medical care late in the evening or on the weekend, there are many times when an urgent care walk in clinic is the perfect solution. Consider these facts and figures about the many times when a walk in health clinic can help families make it through even the craziest of weekends:
- Respiratory condition was the most common diagnosis in an urgent care center in the year 2012.
- Wound repair was the most common procedure was in an urgent care center in that same year.
- 85% of urgent care centers are open seven days a week.
- 80% of urgent care centers provide fracture care, so they serve as a great option for weekend sports injuries and questions.
- 20,000 physicians who practice urgent care medicine today
- 3 million patients visit walk in health clinics each week, according to the Urgent Care Association of America.
Whether you make it through a big weekend like graduation unscathed or not, if you have a house full of children you will likely find yourself in need of some kind of care for illness or injury sometime this summer. Fortunately, there are a number of conveniently located affordable health clinics that can help.