Nowadays here are a lot of different surgical options available for weight loss. Many people have seen great success as a result of these procedures, which can be very appealing to those people struggling to lose weight. However, these procedures are not available to everyone. Fortunately, there are other non-surgical weight loss solutions available to those with a less desperate need to lose weight.
Who is a candidate for weight loss surgery?
- ROSE Procedure – Patients who had bariatric surgery more than two years ago, lost over 50% of their excess weight, and have now regained 15% or more of it back.
- POSE Procedure – Overweight patients with relatively low BMI values (28-40), or patients 20-70 pounds overweight.
- Gastric Bypass – Extremely obese patients with a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or higher, or a slightly lower BMI with added health risks, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, or sleep apnea, who have been unable to lose weight with diet and exercise.
- Gastric Banding (Lap-Band) – Patients with a BMI higher than 40, or higher than 30 with related health conditions, or patients that weigh twice the ideal weight or are at least 80 to 100 pounds overweight.
- Gastric Sleeve – Patients with a BMI of 30 or higher, who suffer from obesity-related health conditions, and have attempted to lose weight with diet and exercise.
- Duodenal Switch – Patients with a BMI of 40 or more, of 35 or more with obesity-related conditions.
There are other weight-loss options, if you still have weight to lose, but do not quite make the cut for the more serious surgical procedures. Your best bet is to visit a medical weight loss center. At these centers, qualified weight loss doctors can provide you with medical weight loss solutions to manage your weight.
Diet and exercise are still the best ways to lose weight, but many people have tried diet after diet, to no avail. Weight loss doctors can help provide a personalized diet and exercise plan based on the patient’s specific problems, needs, and abilities.
There are also specific weight loss supplements and pills that, when combined with a healthy diet and regular exercise regimen, can help the patient lose weight more successfully, without more extreme measures.
For those people looking to lose just a few extra pounds, or fix their trouble spots before bathing suit season, liposuction might be the perfect solution. Liposuction lucks out liquefied fat, but can only be performed on otherwise healthy individuals, who are within a healthy weight range.
A weight loss doctor will be happy to help you reach a healthy weight that you can be happy with, without having to go through with an invasive surgery. Ger more information on this topic here.