It is no secret that people in the United States take a lot of multivitamins and supplements. Since their introduction in the 1940s, Americans have been taking multivitamin/mineral (MVM) and other supplements. It has been estimated that at least one third of all Americans take them. In fact, in 2014 Americans spent about $36.7 billion on dietary supplements. Having said that, not all supplements are created equal. If you are looking to improve prostate health, there are some that are better than others. There is no one best supplement to shrink prostate. Here are some of the top prostate supplements:
- Try some herbal remedies. These are often used with great results to help with prostate health and to treat a wide array of problems and conditions. One such remedy that has been used with great success is saw palmetto. Many men have found success in reducing the size of their prostate and to help with any urinary problems that have resulted from an enlarged prostate.
- Look into nettle root. This has been often used as a great natural treatment to improve prostate health and deal with urinary problems that are caused when the prostate is enlarged.
- A powerful antioxidant is red clover. This has been proven to be effective at helping prevent the production of dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
- Up your intake of vitamins B6 and C. There are a number of reasons you want to get these in your diet. They are some of the top prostate supplements and can do a lot to reduce any swelling of the prostate and will make the process of urination easier.
- Get more selenium. This is absolutely one of the top prostate supplements. You can get it by eating more Brazil nuts. This compound is great for slowing the growth of tumor cells in the prostate.
- Soy products are great for prostate health. Soy products can be great for reducing the size of the prostate. You can get this in your diet by increasing the amount you eat. Tofu, soy milk and other soy products are readily available and can be easily incorporated into your diet.
- Lycopene is a powerful tool for your health. It contains some great antioxidants that can do a lot for your eye health and for your prostate. It can be taken as a supplement or you can eat more red tomatoes or products with tomatoes. Even ketchup has lycopene.
- You need to get more vitamin D. Over the past few years, more and more Americans have been found to have vitamin D deficiencies. This is a great vitamin to inhibit tumor growth. You can take it as a pill or you can eat more watermelon, pink grapefruit and guava. These can help your body make more of the important vitamin. New research shows that it can help your mood so there is more than one thing it can do for your health and quality of life.
- You can get tastier foods that make you healthier. Turmeric is a wonder spice. Garlic, rosemary and ginger have a lot of health benefits, too. They are all great for prostate health. Oregano, holy basil and skullcap are all known to be great for prostate health. These offer twofers. You get healthier foods and they taste great as well.
- Drink more green tea. This has compounds in it that have been shown to reduce the size or prevent the enlargement of the prostate. There are also a number of health benefits that come along with drinking more green tea.
- Zinc is great for you. There is only one remedy for shortening the length of a cold that has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration and that is zinc. It is great for your immune system and can be good to reduce the size of the prostate.
Whether you are looking for the top prostate supplements, the best vitamins for breast health, some
digestive health supplements or detox support supplements, it is important to do some research before you buy anything. If you have not taken a supplement before, you should talk it over with your doctor. While these are products that can be purchased over the counter and without a prescription, they can interact with medications you take.