More and more people in the United States are making plans to visit a spa. In 2016, more than 179 million people around the country went to a spa for services aimed at improving their health and well being. More than 91% of people who responded to a survey say they think that getting massages can be good for a person’s wellness and health. Of the people who get massages, at least 21% say they did so at a spa. Finding a good day spa that has the services you want may not be as easy as it seems it should be but it is possible. Here are some tips for finding a good day spa near you:
- Talk to your friends and family. Given the number of people who are taking advantages of spa treatments, the chances are good that you know people who have gone to a day spa in your area. Ask how they went about finding a good day spa, what they thought about the spa where they received the services and if they would recommend the place to others. You can also get information about day spas near you from Facebook, Yelp and Angie’s List. People are often more than happy to tell others about a good (or bad) experience at a spa so asking Facebook groups can help you find the right one.
- Think about the spa services that interest you most. There are a lot of different services that you can get at a day spa. You can get massages, manicures and pedicures, facials, hair services and a host of others. When you are talking to the people you know and to the spas themselves, ask about the services you know you want to have. If a spa has great massages, that will not do you a lot of good if you really, really want to plan a spa day to get a facial and pedicure.
- Ask if they have any specials for new clients. A lot of spas and spa schools around the United States have specials they run to get people to try their services. When they are looking for people to book a day spa appointment, they may have Groupon or other deals to spread the word about the services they provide. They may also have loyalty programs to keep people coming back for more treatments. They also offer incentives for people to interact with them on their social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snap Chat.
- Do not pick a day spa only because of the price. It is awfully tempting to go to a place just because they have the best price in town. It is also easy to fall into the trap that tells you that when goods or services cost more, they are of a better quality. When you are working on finding a good day spa, you should forget those ideas. The cheaper place to get your nails done may not be the cleanest and the most expensive may not be the best.
- Check out the day spa. When you are going to look at spa treatment options, you need to go into the different day spas in your area. You want to look at the different spa amenities and see if they are clean, if the place looks like it is well kept up and see how professional the people there are. When you are going in for spa treatments, you need to find a space that is calming and where you will be comfortable relaxing. The very last thing you need from your spa experience is to become more stressed out as a result of the treatments you receive and enjoy.
There are a lot of reasons to set about finding a good day spa. Many of the treatments that are offered in spas around the world are great for stress reduction. Stress is very dangerous and has been tied to a host of health problems such as cancer, liver and heat disease, depression and suicide and accidents. Funding the right day spa can help you in a lot of ways and is a good use of your time and effort.