Where Do You Go When You Need Healthcare on the Weekend?
We live in a time when more and more people are working around the clock, instead of doing the things that they should to make sure that they are healthy. Without an opportunity to exercise, for instance, many workers are not able to get the chance to do the things that keep them healthy. They work long hours, eat unhealthy foods, and ignore the need that they have to make sure that they get the healthy exercise that they need.
It should come as no surprise, then, that an increasing number of Americans find themselves in less than perfect health. When health situations occur, it is important to know where to go to get the health care that you need. And while there was a time when the majority of people thought that the only tow places to get healthcare was at a family physician’s office or a hospital emergency room, that is no longer the case. In fact, walk in health clinics now provide all kinds of care, from recommendations for occupational health services to x-ray services, urgent care locations offer today’s patients a wide range of services.
Whether you are looking for occupational health or physical therapy recommendations, it is important to know that you can get both convenient and affordable care at a local walk in clinic, when emergency services are not necessary. Consider some of these facts and figures about the health care industry and the many ways that providers are administering the care that their patients need:
- 65% of individuals older than 60 years of age experience dizziness or loss of balance, sometimes as often as on a daily basis.
- 80% of urgent care centers provide fracture care.
- 20,000 physicians practice Urgent Care Medicine in America today.
- 85% of urgent care centers in the U.S. are open seven days a week.
- Upper respiratory conditions are the most common diagnosis in an urgent care center, and wound repair is the most common procedure in the year 2012.
- Unfortunately, 10% of Baby Boomers report that their physical activity is limited to a few days a month.
Getting the affordable and convenient care that you need is important. In a time when more and more Americans are leading lifestyles that prevent them from getting the right amounts of exercise and eating healthy foods, it is important to know where you will go to get the care that you need if you find yourself injured, ill, in need of medical advice.
You must be logged in to post a comment.